Tiered /Wedding Cake Course £195.00
Time & Location
About The Event
This 6 week course is suited to both beginner and intermediate students who are keen to learn or develop skills on how to present tiered cakes. You will learn how to decorate a cake with sugarpaste and make simple patterns, you will also create a simple flower toppers using the appropriate medium and the key craft tools required. This course is open to beginners or those who wish to brush up on their existing skills.
You will also earn also how to securely construct tiered cakes, in the process avoiding that sinking or wonky feeling.
You will watch demonstrations carried out by the teacher and then recreate what you have been taught adding your own creative spin.
The topics covered will be:
- Covering a cake and board with sugarpaste avoiding troublesome creases, dryness and folds
- Colouring sugarpaste
- Creating simple cake toppers (flowers/models)
- Working with different paste mediums
- Dowelling and securing cakes
- Storage and transportations
- Quilt effect and/or frills
- Fabric effects
- Plenty of other bonus decorative techniques
By the end of the course you will be issued with a completion certificate and become more confident with the ability to progress onto other Urban Cake Republic cake decorating or baking courses.
- Tiered cakes/wedding cakes£195£1950£0