Tue, 06 Jun|
Parchmore Community Centre
Tiered /Wedding Cake 6 Week Course £375.00
DO NOT MISS...This exciting 6 week course whereby you will create a show-stopper tiered cakes. Learn contemporary styles, a variety of techniques and cover those impressive tall cakes. Birthday, general celebrations or wedding (you choose...!) Learn stacking techniques and grow confidence.
Time & Location
06 Jun, 18:30 – 11 Jul, 21:00
Parchmore Community Centre, Parchmore Methodist Church, 53 Parchmore Rd, Thornton Heath CR7 8LY, UK
About The Event
This 6 week course is suited to learners who are keen to learn or develop skills on how to present tiered cakes. You will learn how to decorate a cake with sugarpaste and make contemporary styles, you will also create a simple flower toppers using the appropriate medium and the key craft tools required.
You will also earn also how to properly and securely construct tiered cakes, in the process avoiding that sinking or wonky feeling.
You will watch demonstrations carried out by the teacher and then recreate what you have been taught adding your own creative spin.
The topics covered will be:
- Cake theory (best practice)
- Designing your creation
- Covering a cake and board with sugarpaste avoiding troublesome creases, dryness and folds
- Colouring sugarpaste
- Creating simple cake toppers (flowers/models)
- Working with different paste mediums
- Dowelling and securing cakes
- Storage and transportations
- Lustres and glitters
- Quilt effect and/or frills
- Covering Tall cakes
- Plenty of other bonus decorative techniques
- Modern & contemporary ideas
- Proper use of silicone moulds and cutters
By the end of the course you will be issued with a completion certificate and become more confident with the ability to progress onto other Urban Cake Republic cake decorating or baking courses.
Tiered cakes/wedding cakes
Deposit Tiered/Wed Cake Course