Our Boot camp courses...
Cake Decorating Courses
Urban Cake Republic welcomes everyone, whether you are new to cake decorating and need a new hobby or challenge, or perhaps you have skills that you want to develop further. From seasoned professional to business owner, we can assist in your artistic development and bring out your inner cake decorating creativity. No matter your age or experience you're never too old (or young) to pick up new life skills. The staff at Urban Cake Republic are fully vetted and have undergone rigorous background checks - so we are able to provide a safer learning experience.
We have a variety of baking courses located at purpose-built kitchens. You will have fun learning how to bake or honing your existing baking skills. Click here to find out where our baking school is located.
In our classes you may be required to take notes, however, where possible you will be issued with handouts and homework tasks especially for the specialist courses. Full details of course content will be given to you after you have applied for your course.
We also have disability access also.
We have chosen to reduce class sizes and as a result we will be adhering very closely to government guidelines with regards to Covid 19 or any other medical issues or outbreaks. Therefore you maybe required to wear Personal Protective Equipment in class and will have to observe strict Health Safety and Hygiene practices at all times.
In the event that there is a lockdown, UCR may choose to continue to pursue interactive teaching online.
Length of Courses
All courses are run one day or one evening a week for a specified number of weeks unless otherwise indicated.
Certificate of Attendance celebrating your success.
On completion of your course, we will award you with a Certificate of Attendance. These are normally available for courses that are more than 4 weeks long, (including the Starting your own Food/Cake Business). However, it is important to note that this document will only be supplied to you if you have an 80% attendance rate or higher.
If you require any further information with regards to our courses please email us directly.
All classes have a set amount of places that are issued on a first come, first serve basis.
Accepting late enrolments is at the discretion of UCR, should you enrol after the course has commenced, you will be required to pay the full listed course price, however you will have to call or email us first to check availability.
How to Apply
Simply fill out the online application form below, then pay the requisite deposit or make a full payment accordingly. We will not reserve your place on any course until payment is made.
***PLEASE NOTE*** If you are applying for any of the vocational accredited courses, you will be required to upload 2 types of identification, one photographic, the other proof of residency. All information submitted is treated in the strictest confidence.
Click here for the accredited course application form.
Click here for the non-accredited short courses.
If you have any difficulties with the application form do not hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are a list of courses/workshops, dates and prices. Click on the 'Class info/prices' button below to see the course content and how to enrol, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Cake Decorating/ Baking Courses & Prices
- Tue, 25 JanParchmore Methodist Church, Youth and Co25 Jan, 18:00 – 05 Jul, 21:00Parchmore Methodist Church, Youth and Co, Parchmore Methodist Church, 53 Parchmore Rd, Thornton Heath CR7 8LY, UKGet with this exciting certified training programme for those wanting to learn the art of Cake Decorating, start a cake business or develop a hobby. Choose ONE of the payment options below.
- Thu, 28 AprParchmore Community Centre28 Apr, 18:30 – 02 Jun, 21:00Parchmore Community Centre, Parchmore Methodist Church, 53 Parchmore Rd, Thornton Heath CR7 8LY, UKDO NOT MISS...This exciting 6 week course whereby you will create a show-stopper tiered cakes. Learn contemporary styles, a variety of techniques and cover those impressive tall cakes. Birthday, general celebrations or wedding (you choose...!) Learn stacking techniques and grow confidence.
- Wed, 25 MayParchmore Methodist Church, Youth and Co25 May, 19:00 – 21:00Parchmore Methodist Church, Youth and Co, Parchmore Methodist Church, 53 Parchmore Rd, Thornton Heath CR7 8LY, UKLearn how to how to bake, fill & decorate sweet and colourful macarons. You will learn the secret of producing the perfect macarons with our own patisserie expert. Suitable for all levels.
- Wed, 15 JunParchmore Methodist Church, Youth and Co15 Jun, 18:30 BST – 20 Jul, 21:00 BSTParchmore Methodist Church, Youth and Co, Parchmore Methodist Church, 53 Parchmore Rd, Thornton Heath CR7 8LY, UKSave your space where you will learn how to bake delicious cakes, cupcakes and bread. In this class you will learn how to create the perfect tasty bakes with trouble-shooting exercises on your baking journey.
- Thu, 16 JunParchmore Methodist Church, Youth and Co
- Fri, 01 JulParchmore Methodist Church, Youth and Co01 Jul, 10:00 – 15:001 Day workshop - Don't miss out on this chance to learn about running your own cake/food business. Whether you are an existing business, just starting out or thinking about it, learn about loopholes and traps that you can avoid, be prepared for this rewarding enterprise. Refreshments available.
- Mon, 01 AugParchmore Methodist Church, Youth and Co01 Aug, 10:00 – 04 Aug, 13:00IT'S BACK AGAIN! A four half-day cake decorating course aimed at children wanting to have fun whilst learning a new life long skill. Children can attend as many days as they choose, however, those who attend the full four day course will be presented with a special certificate of achievement.
- Time is TBDParchmore Methodist Church and CentreTime is TBDParchmore Methodist Church and Centre, 53 Parchmore Rd, Thornton Heath CR7 8LY, UKEver wondered how to make those fashionable tall cakes? Intimidated by getting it wrong? Learn how to work with Buttercream and Ganache in our live classes, from coating cakes, to piping and painting. Discovering a whole new world of cake decorating skills. Dates to be confirmed shortly.
- Time is TBDParchmore Methodist Church, Youth and Co